KITCHEN CULTURE: MILK KEFIR
KITCHEN CULTURE: At-Home Fermentation
Milk Kefir Culture Kit
Milk Kefir (keh-FEER) is a delicious effervescent drink originating around 2,000 years ago in the Caucasus Mountains between Russia and Europe. Kefir is packed with more complete vitamins and minerals than milk, especially B Vitamins, and K2. Kefir has very high levels of biotin, folate, enzymes, bio-active peptides, and beneficial lactic and acetic acids. The bonus is all these vitamins and minerals are that they are more bioavailable and readily absorbed due to the microbial interactions within the cultures.
Our Milk Kefir Grains
- Fed with organic grass-fed milk
- Grown in small batches
- Come from fresh and active grains and is never frozen or dehydrated.
- Shipped in glass and not plastic.
In 1 Cup (Serving Size) of Whole Milk Kefir
- 8 grams of fat
- 4-8 grams of carbs (vs 12 grams of carbohydrates in pre-fermented milk)
- 8 to 11 grams of protein
- Have 116-132 calories (vs 148 calories in pre-fermented milk)
Kitchen Culture Milk Kefir Kit Contains:
~1-2 Teaspoons of living kefir culture colony in a starter. This will produce 1 cup of kefir each day and your culture should double within two weeks.
~A medium in a glass jar
~Colony Adoption Certificate
Purchase your own colony and join the international kefir community!